Wednesday, May 30, 2012

On the Road to Recovery

It has been one week since I had my operation! I was in hospital for 3 days, 3 nights and couldn't wait to get home on Saturday! I had to go to Emergency on Saturday night due to my catheter (yes I had to go home with a urine bag) as it was causing so much pain... I could hardly move lying down, let alone stand up and sit down and the last thing I wanted to do was spend my Saturday night at Logan Hospital Emergency.  Yesterday I had my catheter removed and it was the BEST FEELING EVER! I felt like I had improved 80% already.  I was more comfortable, could sit, stand and walk more easily.  Now I just have to re-train my bladder to work - it hasn't had to do anything for the past 7 days. 

This morning I woke up feeling re-freshed, I had a good sleep last night (first time in a week).  I was able to roll onto my side, instead of lying flat on my back.  I am still quite swollen from surgery, but each day the swelling goes down :) I will have 6 scars in total, including a newly reconstructed belly button.  I haven't seen the other 5, they still have steri strips on them, but they shouldn't be too big.  My poor Mum has to give me an injection every night to essentially thin my blood for the next 3 1/2 weeks... I feel like a pin cushion.

Tomorrow is a big day for me - I get the pathology results.  Fingers crossed I hear good news :) My recovery is going well I think :) Each day gets a lot easier and less painful and I get more comfortable.  Still a little while until I am back to my old self, but things are definitely looking up! 

Thanks for all your support :) 

Love Chelsea x x x    

2 comments:

  1. I know a young Lady in south Africa who was diagnosed at 21 she has just finished Chemo and radiation and is doing well (She turned 22 20/04/12)...Stay strong and positive and as Glenda would say KCA (Kick Cancer Ass)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry not sure how to uae the Blog..My Name is Beverley Curmi

    ReplyDelete