Thursday, May 31, 2012

Goodbye Cancer

The past few days have dragged and I have been feeling very anxious.  I woke up this morning and got the phone and put it next to me and sat eagerly waiting for it to ring... waiting to hear good news about my pathology results.  

I got the phone call I had been hoping for and was told that the results were excellent and there was no residual tumor in my lymph nodes or tissue... Hoorah!!!! What a relief.  Unfortunately I am unable to celebrate due to still recovering from surgery... but when the time comes that I am all healed, celebrations will definitely be in order :) 

My post operative check up is in July... my last 2 exams for my undergraduate studies are in a few weeks... graduation is potentially just around the corner (August) and I can look forward to the rest of my life again :) 

Until next time, keep on smiling, be sensible and make sure you get your regular Pap smear checks, they can save your life :) 

Chelsea x x x

4 comments:

  1. So great to hear Chels. Im sure it will make graduation all the more special and you will appreciate such big achievements so much more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such amazing news!!!! I've been Praying and hoping!!!! What a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thаnks , I've just been looking for information about this topic for ages and yours is the greatest I have discovered till now. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you certain concerning the supply?
    Here is my web blog - Pain After Transvaginal Ultrasound

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,

      I believe you are referring to me saying pap smears can save your life ? A pap smear was what detected my cancer and if I had not have had that check, it would have continued to grow and I would have become sicker and lost my uterus and the possibility to have children... and I might not have ended up hear today to tell my story. I can appreciate and understand that they aren't the be all and end all, however why wouldn't you utilise a service that is provided to detect abnormalities ? I have read stories of people where these tests haven't detected cancer... however, in my situation it did as it has in many many other women and so I think I can say that they 'can' save your life!! Just the same as saying a seatbelt can save your life in a car crash - obviously there are exceptions to everything... but you just have to be smart and sensible and you are most definitely better to have a pap smear, than to not have one at all.

      Chelsea

      Delete