Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Why I am blogging

This year was supposed to be one of the happiest years of my life! Graduation was just around the corner and I was looking forward to starting my career as a lawyer and beginning the next stage of my life.  At 23 years of age you never expect that you would get diagnosed with cancer, let alone go through every emotion possible because there is a chance you might never have your own children.  

I was recently diagnosed with Stage 1B1 adenocarcinoma of the cervix (a type of cervical cancer).  Since this time my life has been one roller coaster of emotions.  I am hoping that by writing this blog I can inform and educate people of the unimaginable and help everyone to understand what it is I have been going through these past few months and to help make the next few months that little bit easier.  

Stay tuned for my story! 

Chelsea x x x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelsea I know what you mean. I was diagnoised with Breast Cancer at 22 years. I was in the middle of doing my last intensive uni subject and found a lump but never did I think it was cancer. I waited 2 months and finally graduated Uni then decided to have the ultrasound my doctor had recommended when i found the lump. That ultrasound lead to a biposy and then the diagnoises that I had cancerous cells = Breast Cancer... What an age to get told I had a old womens disease (which I had always thought it was). Well done on publically voicing the need to promote awareness.. Cancer stikes at any age regardless of the statistics that it happens to effect the older generation <3

    ReplyDelete